Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Blog About Me!

Hello, my name is Brandson Le and I just turned seventeen last month on July 7th. I like to think that I am very mature for my age as I am a very independent young man. I started working as soon as I was able to when I turned 16 and to this day i still have that job. I lifeguard at the El Monte Aquatic Center and i enjoy all people and patrons there. This past summer I spent most of my time there; However, when I was not at work, I would be lion dancing with the Immortals Lion Dance Troupe. Lion dancing is a traditional Chinese dance with costumes use to scare away evil spirits and bring in good luck. I have been lion dancing for the past 3 years and it is something I love to do, it has given me countless opportunities to grow as an individual and to explore different venues and places in LA that I would never get the chance to visit if I was not on this team. I am apart of many clubs on campus such as: Pequenitas Service Club, Senior Council, and Vietnamese Student Association (VSA). All these clubs gave me the chance to take a leadership position when I was not ready for it and with a little help from others, I came to realize how much hard work it was but the skills I learned to become a great leader is shocking to me. I have always like challenging myself and placing myself inpositions where i would be able to learn to be comfortable of being uncomfortable; Which in turn, made me learn to never settle for average and to always strive for the best. With that being said, throughout high school, I stepped out of my comfort zone countless times taking classes that were known to be hard much like AP Biology and AP Psychology etc. I also became a tutor for quite some time and that was one of the most difficult things I adjusted to because I was not used to a class looking to me for assistance and being one with teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment